Press releases are not just for large companies to release their latest earning statement. Press Releases through online distribution can be a valuable resource for increasing the online visibility of your company and building trust with your audience.
Press Releases need to be news worthy to be effective
Top 5 Reasons to Write a Press Release for Your Website
- Organic traffic: a well written and news worthy press release distributed through the top online press release channels can get displayed in Google news and show up in Google organic search. Google search and Google news both can drive thousands of people to your website.
- Link building: at the bottom of your press release will be the ability to add a link. The link gives your website a one way link from all the websites that your press release was distributed to.
- Reputation: press release distribution websites rank well in Google typically for your company’s name. Consistent submitting of press releases can make news from your company be the top 10 ranking results when a future customer Google’s your company’s name online.
- Web 2.0: blogs and other social media subscribe to press release syndication sites and if your press release is interesting enough they might blog about it, add it to Twitter, or so on which can virally increase your online presence.
- Traditional media: journalists who find your story interesting can follow up with you and write a story about your company or service in traditional media outlets.