Every ecommerce website owner is always looking for ways to increase sales, lower costs, and make their marketing plan more effective. Often small business owners get lost in the details of what they are already doing for their Internet marketing. The goal of this article is to give the small business owner 5 tips that they can implement immediately that will support their overall efforts to increase profit from their website.
Having your entire team understand how they can play a role in your SEO can pay huge dividends with extra links and content for your business
5 Ecommerce Tips You Can Implement Today
- Google Alerts: Google Alerts is a free service that sends email alerts anytime a keyword of your choosing is indexed by Google including blogs, news, and organic results. You can use this tool in two ways. First, you can track any reference of your company online so you know what people are saying about you. Second, you can track major keywords that your team is working on so you will know anytime Google has indexed that keyword with reference to your website.
- Keyword Research: Many companies don’t spend the time doing keyword research to discover all of the different keyword phrases people are using to search for your respected business. For every major keyword relevant to your business there are at least a thousand different keyword phrases using your major keyword that people are typing into search engines right now.
- Security: As your website grows so does your need for added security. Do you know why Apple computers have so few viruses, because 98% of people use PCs. Hackers go where the action is. When you are effective with your SEO then you will become a target for hackers, so keeping up to date with all security protocols becomes vital. Even Twitter was hacked and broke down for a few hours just a week ago.
- Coordinate: Does your entire team know what pages on your site your SEO team is focusing on and what keywords. Many important factors that will enhance your rankings can come from other parts of your team who can get high quality links from the relationships they are creating. For example, your sales team understanding that links are important can work out adding a link to your website from a new vendor which can have tremendous power, and a link like that an SEO expert has no access to.
- Promotion: Add features to your website that allow for you to easy change out promotions and upcoming events. Many websites have static header graphics and right/ left side borders. By making certain key areas editable for promotions you can promote specific sales instantly throughout your website including holiday specials as the season grows near.